Veterans Employment & Training Solutions would like to give you the opportunity to view a selection of the talented veterans and service personnel who are currently seeking employment.
This is a snapshot of the talent currently available through V.E.T.S so if you’d like to learn more about the profiles listed or indeed discuss current or future opportunities that would benefit from a skilled professional from HM services please get in touch HERE
With over 16 years military service and an FdEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, I am a highly skilled, motivated and versatile engineer and Group Head with a huge range of transferable skills.
Proven to safely deliver results in challenging and high-pressure situations both in large and small, close knit teams with a positive attitude and strong team ethic. Builds excellent working relationships across multi-disciplinary, technical and non-technical teams and other internal and external stakeholders.
£50,000 circa + Benefits
Foundation degree in Electrical Engineering
Royal Navy Artificer Apprenticeship in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
MIET – awaiting interview for IEng status
Application submitted to CMI for Level 5 in Leadership and Management
Security clearance to a high government standard
V.E.T.S ID No. 19
Business Development Executive
Commercially-astute, target-driven Sales & Business Development Manager with an exceptional track record of delivering revenue growth by negotiating high value contracts with key clients across multiple sectors. Combines extensive experience of managing construction projects gained during a 12-year career in the Royal Engineers, with highly developed communication and influencing skills used to build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with stakeholders, develop partnerships, market services and win new business. Ambitious and determined, passionate about continuous improvement and currently completing a BA (Hons) Degree in Business Management
£40,000 circa + Benefits
- Team Leadership
- Key Account Management
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Sales Strategy Development
- Sales & Bid Processes
- Lead Generation
- CRM & ERP Systems
- Capturing Requirements
- Tender Submission
- SWOT & Competitor Analysis
- Developing Pricing Structures
- Influencing Decision Makers
- Training Delivery
- Interpreting Technical Data
- Business Networking
- MS Office & Minitab
- BA (Hons) Business Management (graduating 2023)
- Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong learning Sector
- Level 3 Award in Workplace Coaching for Team Leaders & First Line Managers
- Level 3 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation
- Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
V.E.T.S ID No. 503
Engineering Teaching & Training
An accomplished Engineering Training & Teaching Instructor from the avionic industry and the RAF. This candidate has served 25 years within The Royal Air Force.
£25,000 circa + Benefits
- Basic Instructional Techniques
- Training Design Team
- International Student Trainer
- Virtual Learning Environment Advanced Practitioner
- Microsoft Office training
- Exploitation and Vulnerability Training
- City & Guilds
- Electrical Installation
- BTEC OND Aeronautical
- City & Guilds 7407
- Further Education Teaching
- Certificate in Education College of West Anglia
- NVQ Level 4 in Management
V.E.T.S ID No. 520
A Lead Engineering Technician with a strong background over 15+ years working within the Royal Navy. Excellent ability in coordinating teams to undertake various tasks including the inspection, maintenance, testing and repair of mechanical and electrical systems. Quick to grasp new ideas and concepts to develop creative, innovative solutions to problems. A passion for leading successful and productive teams in challenging work environments.
£30,000 circa + Benefits
Maintenance, Leadership, Health & Safety, Communication, Adaptabitlity, Time management, Standards compliance
Management, Technician, ? Fault Diagnosis/Fault Trends, Inspection, Fault finding, Mechanical, Electrical & Mechanical technical ability, Power Generation
V.E.T.S ID No. 307
British Army Warrant Officer Class 1 with over two decades experience in the training and leadership of specialist UK Electronic Warfare assets. Resourceful and highly motivated, with the ability to analyse problems logically to produce timely and effective solutions. Broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of the design, development and delivery of training in the MoD environment. First-hand experience in the procurement of bespoke military equipment and related software programmes. A gifted leader, learning specialist and workplace mentor with a keen eye for detail and dedication to continuous improvement of business practices.
£30,000 circa + Benefits
- Qualified instructor, workplace coach & mentor,
- Trusted team leader and experienced manager, with the proven ability to deliver mission critical capability to commanders.
- Educated to degree level in a Cyber related discipline; primarily Ethical Hacking.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MoD practices and particularly the method in which specialist Electronic Warfare training is delivered under the Defence Systems Approach to Training.
- Conversant in the CADMID process and Defence Lines of Development with experience in MoD project planning within Defence Equipment & Support.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills gained during a successful career in the British Army.
- Developed Vetting security clearance held for over 20 years.
- Good IT skills in-line with current Windows based software programmes and bespoke operating systems.
BSc (Hons) Intelligence and Security, Staffordshire University (Ethical Hacking ).
CMI Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
ILM level 3 Certificate in Coaching for Team Leaders and First Line Managers.
HNC in Electronics.
Full clean driving licence (including Cat B).
Security clearance held – details on request.
V.E.T.S ID No. 253
A reliable, confident, self-motivated Authorised Examiner Designated Manager for two and a half years at Dave Cole Motors Limited. A skilled MOT Tester who is hard working and willing to learn new skills all the time.
£26,000 circa + Benefits
- Communicating Constantly in contact with clients and management with up dates on tasks and improvements
- Health and Safety -Maintain all health and safety of the site E.g. Maintain all signs and health and safety records -Occupation health and equipment.
- Organising –Maintain diary for all work booked in to get most efficient work out of the day
- Analysing –Processes making them more efficient
- Reliable -Very punctual and willing to help out at any time
- NOVA Training -Level 3 Award in MOT Test Centre Management
- Premier MOT -Level 3 IMI Light Vehicle Inspection Technician+ ABC Level 2 in MOT Testing
- BTEC Level 3Professional Competence for IT and TelecomsProfessionals
- BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (ECDL Extra)(ITQ)
- Advanced LevelApprentice in IT Software Web & Telecoms Professionals
- CCNA Network Fundamentals
- IT Essentials
- PC Hardware and Software
V.E.T.S ID No. 424
What our candidates say
From the very first conversation with Paul and based on how he explained the opportunity and prospective employers details, I felt at ease and reassured that I would be very well suited to this position. Paul explained the application process in detail, ensuring that I fully understood what was expected of me and the timescales his client was working to. Part of the process included a Psychometric Test, which I have never completed before, but with Paul's support it was very straightforward. Throughout the first and second interview
Paul was keeping in contact with me, making sure I was prepared by working through typical interview techniques and questions with me, to make sure I was focused on the task at hand. He helped me research the company and their products, giving me the head start against any other candidates that had maybe applied directly. Once I had attended the second interview, which I felt went very well, I was offered the role and gladly accepted. I must pay the highest compliment to Paul Lewis for his assistance throughout the application process and I believe it would be difficult to find a better service and assistance from any other agency or recruiter. Thank you.
Contact Us Today
Don't hesitate! Click the button below or call is on 01902 123456